How to wash hands properly to prevent COVID-19
Coronavirus can be easily transmitted through touching any objects or surfaces contaminated with the virus, so hand washing and disinfection is one of the most important preventive measures that should be applied to prevent coronavirus.
The proper technique of hand washing should be through the following steps:
- At first you should put your hands under tap water to be wet. Many people use the soap before water; it's completely wrong.
- Now you can apply the soap (liquid soap, powder soap or even solid soap) on your wet hands.
- Rub your hands together to enable the soap to cover your hands completely up to the wrists. Don't forget areas between the fingers as well as nails and finger tips. Hands rubbing should continue for 20 seconds at least.
- Now you can rinse your hands with water.
- Don't forget to dry your hands well by clean and dry towel.
Finally, most people prefer washing their hands with hot water rather than washing it with cold water; they think heat will kill COVID-19. In fact, there is no notable difference; as the needed temperature in hot water to kill the bacteria would cause skin burns.