03 Dec 2019
7 Health benefits for anise
- Anise is one of the most popular herbal plants in the Arabic region; it's used as a spice to give a good flavor to the food. Also it contains aromatic volatile oils, so it's used as a primary raw material in the manufacture of many perfumes.
- Boiled anise syrup is used in treatment of abdominal pain and abdominal distension.
- Anise has antifungal and antibacterial effects against oral microorganisms, so it's natural disinfectant to the mouth and teeth
- On the same context, rubbing the teeth with anise seeds is very effective in teeth whitening. Also it's a good choice for elimination of bad breath.
- Anise is cough sedative, expectorant and bronchodilator; so it's widely used in cases of upper respiratory tract infection.
- Doctors recommend 1 cup of anise before bed time to avoid insomnia or any other sleeping disorders.
- Dietitians prescribe anise syrup mixed with cinnamon for treatment of anorexia, as it stimulates the stomach to secrete digestive enzymes and promotes the peristaltic movement of the intestine.