6 Tips to overcome sugar craving
Medical studies showed that excessive sugar intake involves many health problems such as; chronic fatigue, migraine, stress, arthralgia, gastro-esophageal reflux, maldigestion, malabsorption, decreased fertility… etc. So we will highlight some significant tips that will be helpful in elimination of sugar craving.
- Avoid all forms of sugar, which include; artificial sweeteners, white flour, soft beverages, hydrogenated fats and processed foods.
- Add protein content to all your meals, such as; meat, chicken, fish, eggs, and legumes.
- Your diet carbohydrate content should be non-starchy foods, such as; tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Your diet fat content should be omega-3-containing foods, such as; nuts, fatty fish and avocado.
- Avoid stress: as it results in elevation of cortisol hormone which triggers hunger sensation as well as sugar craving.
- Sleep well: medical studies showed that sleeping 6-8 hours at night is one of the effective helpful strategies that achieved good results in overcoming sugar craving.