04 Jun 2020
6 Health benefits of walking
Walking is an easy beneficial exercise; medical studies showed that walking 5-7 times weekly involve multiple health benefits, such as:
- Losing weight: walking is the simplest method that can be helpful in burning extra-calories and losing some weight.
- Promoting the functional capacity of the heart: walking for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week stimulates blood circulation and prevents against serious heart diseases such as myocardial infarction, heart failure and coronary heart disease.
- Maintaining blood glucose level within normal level: some medical studies suggested that walking for 15 minutes after every meal is very effective to maintain blood glucose level. So this strategy is highly recommended for diabetic patients too.
- Walking participates in promoting the functional capacity of the immune system and protects against infections such as common cold and influenza.
- Walking boosts body energy and is an effective natural method for management of chronic fatigue, insomnia and sleeping disorders.
- Walking is very beneficial for mental health as it improves the mood and eliminates anxiety and depression.